2018 EA Exam Prep Part 2: Businesses Part 2
EA Part 2: Businesses
There are two 3-hour webinars devoted to Part 2 - Businesses of the Enrolled Agents Exam.
EA Businesses Part 2
recorded June 14, 2018
This webinar will review ten topics that are often tested on Part 2 of the exam, including all tax issues related to both C Corporations and S Corporations, estate and trust income taxation, and business retirement plans. Materials include several comprehensive diagrams covering such topics corporate formation, corporate tax format, corporate distributions, and business retirement plans. Length: 3-hours.
1. C Corporations: Formation Issues Under Sec.351
2. C Corporations: Dividends Received Deduction and Charitable Deduction
3. C Corporations: Other Deductions
4. C Corporations: Capital Transactions and Related Party Rules
5. C Corporations: Earnings and Profits (E&P) Determinations
6. C Corporations: Distributions
7. S Corporations: Key Requirements
8. S Corporations: Taxable Income and Distributions
9. Estate and Trust Income Taxation: A Broad View
10. Business Retirement Plans
- Sample questions for each topic are interspersed within the presentation and will be worked on and explained.
- Test-taking tips and tricks will be emphasized.
- You'll also receive a link to the "Top 150" questions per part—essential questions complete with explanations on topics that you will absolutely need to master to pass the EA exam.
After attending this seminar, you should be able to:
- Identify the tax gain or loss and basis rules related to the formation of a corporation under Sec. 351
- Explain the special tax rules related to corporate dividends received and charitable deductions, other deductions, and corporate capital transactions
- Recognize the key components of corporate “earnings and profits” and the effects on corporate distributions
- Delineate the key qualifications for S Corporation status
- Provide an overview of estate & trust income taxation
- Specify and apply the key requirements of qualified corporate retirement plans
Presented by John O. Everett, CPA, Ph.D., and Cherie J. Hennig, CPA, Ph.D.
IRS CE: 0
NASBA CE: 0
NSA EA Exam Prep Webinars
This series of four webinars cover selected, heavily-tested parts of the Enrolled Agent (EA) exam--you can take the complete series or any part.
NSA ConnectED Webinar Series
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
No refunds or exchanges for cancellations. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please contact NSA toll-free at 800-966-6679.
NSA is approved by NASBA, the IRS, ACAT, and CTEC as a provider of continuing professional education.
The National Society of Accountants is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
NSA has been approved by the California Tax Education Council to offer the above courses to go towards the annual "continuing education" requirement imposed by the state of California. A listing of additional requirements to register as a tax preparer may be obtained by contacting CTEC at P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA, 95812-2890, by phone at (877) 850-2832, or on the Internet at www.ctec.com.
Order 4 or more webinars in one order save 20%! Click "Add More Webinars" and when you have at least 4 webinars in your cart, 20% will be taken off at the final step of checkout when you click "Next".
John O. Everett, CPA, Ph.D
John O. Everett, CPA, Ph.D
John O. Everett, CPA, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Accounting at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. John's teaching specialty is federal taxation. He has authored or co-authored over 90 articles in academic and professional journals including the NSA EA Exam Review Course and 1040 101 Course, and is the coauthor of several textbooks, including CCH Practical Guide to Schedule M-3 Compliance, The HBJ Federal Tax Course, Income Tax Fundamentals, and Tax Planning With the Computer.
Cherie J. Hennig, CPA Ph.D.
Cherie J. Hennig, CPA, Ph.D.
Cherie J. Hennig, CPA, Ph.D., began her career as an IRS Revenue Agent in Denver, CO. She has taught undergraduate and graduate tax courses at Florida International University, Colorado State University, the University of South Florida, and Virginia Tech. She has published articles in leading tax journals, co-authored two tax texts and written and taught numerous continuing professional education courses. She is a co-author of NSA's 1040 101 course.