IRS Internal Revenue Manual for Accountants
Includes a Live Web Event on 05/17/2023 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
- Non-member - $55
- Member - Free!
The course provides a concise overview of the IRS Internal Revenue Manual – the agency “bible.” The publication identifies the key policies, procedures, instructions, and delegations of authority which guide the operation and administration of the Internal Revenue Service. The manual is used by IRS staff at all levels from revenue agents to appeals officers in their day-to-day workings.
- How IRM is Used Internally at IRS
- The 25 Manual Sections
- How IRM Can Benefit Practitioners
- Practitioner Priority Service
- Financial Analysis Handbook
- Bank Account Analysis
- Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR)
- Audit Technique Guides (ATGs)
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify at least 25 sections of the IRS manual and what information and guidance is provided in each.
- Explain at least 10 ways the manual can assist in their work as tax advisors.
- Point out at least 5 checklists the IRS uses to review websites, analyze financials, and make collection decisions.
- Utilize at least 2 checklists to guide fraud and money laundering inquiries.
- Use at least 10 audit technique guides (ATGs) that provide insight into issues and accounting methods unique to specific industries.
NASBA CE: 2.0 Hours Federal Tax Law
IRS: 2.0 Hours Federal Tax Law
CTEC CE: 2.0 Hours Federal Tax Law
ACAT CE: 2.0 Hours Federal Tax Law
NSA Webinar Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
No refunds or exchanges for cancellations. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please contact NSA toll-free at 800-966-6679.
NSA is approved by NASBA, the IRS, ACAT, and CTEC as a provider of continuing professional education.
GARRETT WASNY, MA, CMC, CITP/FITP, is a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) and award-winning digital skills advisor to accountants, tax attorneys, enrolled agents, and tax preparers worldwide. His roles include webinar producer, Internet speaker, author, app developer, professional development leader, and former management consultant for Price Waterhouse. He's published 50+ ebooks and courses on accounting technology and ethics, written hundreds of articles on Internet strategy, and delivered thousands of seminars and webinars to CPAs and accounting organizations in more than 40 countries.