Practical Guide to WRITING Your Data Security Plan
The IRS requires every tax professional with an PTIN to certify that they have a Data Security Plan. This course reviews the Data Security Plan requirements of the IRS Publication 4557, Safeguarding Taxpayer Data - A Guide for your Business and presents these requirements in actionable items. To facilitate each Tax Professional creating their own Data Security Plan, templates are provided for the Tax Professional to complete to create a customized data security plan for their business.
After this webinar you will be able to:
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the requirement for a Data Security Plan
2. Use the supplied templates, create your own Data Security Plan in less than 2 hours.
3. Understand various strategies to safeguard your client data.
4. Understand the need to protect your client data by various backup strategies, some of which are embedded (free) in Microsoft Windows 10.
5. Understand the benefits of suggesting your clients apply for an IP PIN to “lock” their tax returns - No one else can file their return or "steal" their dependents.
CPE Credit: 0
Speaker: Bill Nemeth, EA
NSA Webinar Program Level: Beginner Prerequisites: None Advance Preparation: None Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
No refunds or exchanges for cancellations. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please contact NSA toll-free at 800-966-6679.
Bill Nemeth, EA
Bill Nemeth, EA, is an National Tax Practice Institute Fellow & currently serves on the Tax Track Committee at National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA). He is the chair of the Affiliate Council & immediate past president of GAEA and has been the GAEA education chair for over 10 years.
He has worked as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Prometric, the contractor that prepares and administers the Enrolled Agent Exam. He has presented webinars for a number of tax organizations (NAEA & NAEA state affiliates, ASTPS, CPA Academy, TaxPracticePro, Tax Rep Network, Latino Tax Pro).
Bill, with his bride Merry Brodie, practices in the Atlanta Area as Tax Audit Guardian.